MOSQUITO AND TICK SPRAY FOR YOUR YARD
Comments Off on MOSQUITO AND TICK SPRAY FOR YOUR YARD
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported a threefold increase in cases of illnesses transmitted to humans by mosquitoes and ticks in the last 15 years. Making matters worse, nine new pathogens emerged for the first time in the U.S. during this same period. When temperatures rise, the time between generations of mosquitoes shortens. What’s more, earlier and extended periods of warm weather may prolong the time during which insect populations are able to thrive. Of course, the last 4 years have been the warmest on record.
Organic Soil Solutions offers non- chemical spraying for prevention of mosquitoes and ticks.
We use a mix garlic and cedar oil with a secret blend of other aromatic oils. A mosquito’s sense of smell is 10,000 times that of a human. They are very sensitive.
The formula is sprayed on the lawn, wood piles, appropriate structures and plants and woodland edges. It keeps away mosquitoes for a month and ticks for weeks. We use a motorized backpack sprayer.
Applications would be two or three times the first month and once a month or upon request after that.
Prices start at $80 per application. Please let me know if you would like to participate.
Mosquito and Tick Prevention Checklist
Besides spraying, here are a few things homeowners can do to reduce the population of mosquitoes and ticks in the yard:
CHECKLIST – TICK PREVENTION
- Remove Leaf/Stick/Debris Piles
- Cedar Mulch Barrier 2-3 Feet Wide Around Property
- Don’t Let Grass Get Too High
- Ticks Love Shady Moist Areas / Hate Sunlight (Decrease Shady Spots if Possible)
- Barrier of Plants: Lavender, Garlic, Lemongrass, Catnip, Rosemary, or Sage
- Fence/Netting/Bushes/Barrier to Keep Deer out of Yard
CHECKLIST – MOSQUITO PREVENTION
- Get Rid of Any Stagnant Water (as small as a bottle cap)
- Make Sure Gutters are Clear (aren’t holding water)
- Plant Citronella, Marigolds, Garlic, or Rosemary around Property/Patio
- Replace Bird Bath Every 5 Days(Mosquitos Take 7-9 Days to be Born)
- Use Citronella Candles When Outdoors Around Patio/Property
- Tent Your Patio